Click (or tap) on the picture icons below to go directly to their webpage.
AARP Friendly Voices
- AARP Friendly Voices are trained AARP volunteers who will provide a call to say ‘hello.’
- Sign up at AARPCommunityConnections.org or call 1-888-281-0145.
- If you are new to computers, haven’t used them in a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, DigitalLearn has the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
- No registration necessary. Visit DigitalLearn.org to browse their collection of instructional videos and other materials.
National Council on Aging (NCOA)
- While emergencies can be particularly challenging for older adults due to unique health and mobility issues, knowing the risks in your specific area is essential no matter what age you are.
- Understanding older adult emergency preparedness
- Creating an emergency plan
- Key steps to take when a disaster happens
- Emergency resources for older adults
- The bottom line (other steps to take)
- LINK for State-by-State Emergency Preparedness Guide
- Considerations for those with hearing and visual impairments
- How to create an emergency plan
- Guidance on creating an emergency kit specific to older adults
- Visit the NCOA for more information.
Ohio Department of Aging: Staying Connected Check-in Service
- The Staying Connected service provides a FREE, daily check-in by phone for Ohioans age 60 or older. This service provides comfort and can connect you with aging network information and support.
- Sign up at Aging.Ohio.gov or call 1-833-632-2428.
- SeniorHousingNet is a free senior living and services referral agency that helps older adults find housing that will meet their current and future care needs, while allowing the most active and social lifestyles possible.
- Visit SeniorHousingNet.com or call 1-800-304-7152 to talk to a local advisor for free.
We Thrive Together
- Your neighbors started We Thrive Together to reduce social isolation and loneliness in the community. We Thrive Together invites you to take advantage of their events and activities available online.
- Sign up at WeThriveTogether.org or call 330-727-9452.